Great question. I’m glad you asked.
As with most things, we need more information. If you asked, “what’s the best running shoe?”, you’d receive numerous answers depending on the preferences of runners, the type of runners you ask, and then you have the idea of the fit for the specific runner based on that runner’s style.
GPS Fleet Tracking is very similar. One company is most concerned about simply being able to know where their drivers are and at what time. While another needs to know the hours of movement in the day. Another might be very focused on driver behavior and safety. Then, others, maybe trucking logistics, are chiefly concerned with integration into a secondary dispatching system. So, the question better asked is, “What is the Best Fleet Tracking Service FOR MY COMPANY?”.
Questions to ask before investing in Fleet Tracking
When you are selecting a fleet tracking service, you might ask the following questions – in addition to those questions about features – before deciding where to put your trust and investment.
- Is there a contract?
- If there is a contract, what happens if I need to cancel or just suspend 1 or 2 of my vehicles?
- Do you offer free training?
- How long has your company been in business?
- How many customers do you have?
- When I call for customer service, do I have to go through an automated prompt system or do I get to speak to a living human in the United States immediately?
- How is your company ranked online?
- DO YOU OWN THE SOLUTION OR ARE YOU SELLING SOMEONE ELSE’S FLEET TRACKING SOLUTION?
- What cellular networks support your GPS tracking devices? Can I choose my cellular provider?
- What kind of GPS tracking can I do from my iOS or Android device?
Things our sales reps might ask to help fit your needs better are similar to the following questions:
- Are you tracking vehicles in your fleet, trailers, or equipment?
- What are you hoping to accomplish with GPS tracking?
- Reduce labor costs?
- Catch employees skimming on time?
- Reduce fuel consumption?
- Improve efficiency routing your employees?
- Improve the safe driving of your fleet?
- What types of vehicles do you need to track?
- Will you be monitoring anything we haven’t discussed?
- What kind of reporting are you looking to receive from your vehicle and equipment tracking service?
So, what makes for the best fleet tracking service company? That’s for you to decide based on your needs and goals for your business. Hopefully these questions can help you with the decision.