The desire to give is especially strong during the holiday season but choosing which cause to support can be overwhelming. So we wanted to take this opportunity to highlight an organization we have chosen to partner with this year: the Sadie Keller Foundation’s toy drive called Sadie’s Sleigh.
How It All Began
In February of 2015, a 7-year-old Sadie was diagnosed with Leukemia. When the holidays rolled around later that year, she began to wonder how Santa would find her if she was in the hospital on Christmas. From this grew a fantastic mission to do a toy drive to brighten the lives of children that will be spending Christmas in the hospital due to medical treatment. Last year, Sadie’s Sleigh collected over 12,000 toys and supported 4 different Children’s Hospitals in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Ready To Get Involved?
- On December 1st the Sadie Keller Foundation is hosting a Breakfast With Santa Toy Drive event at Harpool Middle School from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Donate toys at various Drop Off Locations, including right here at Rhino Fleet Tracking.
- Connect your Amazon SMILE account to the Sadie Keller Foundation or shop from their Amazon Wishlist.
- Visit the website to donate a monetary gift and let Sadie do the shopping for you.
- Check out their shop where purchases not only help get the word out about the foundation but the funds support furthering their mission.
- Check out their other projects to help support families throughout the year.
- Follow them on Facebook to stay in the loop about events happening this holiday season and throughout the year.
We encourage you to find a cause to support this holiday season. At Rhino Fleet Tracking, we are always on the lookout for ways to help our local community. If you have suggestions or stories to share, please send them here! Happy Holidays from Rhino Fleet Tracking!