Being in an industry where you rent equipment or vehicles to other is being in an industry based on trust. Someone on your staff has to constantly worry about how the equipment is functioning, if it is being damaged, and the dozens of other variables.
This can be a difficult thing to manage without a live system to track your property and its information.
Whether you are renting vehicles or heavy-duty equipment, it’s imperative that you use a solution that helps protect your assets. Thankfully, with a GPS tracking solution you can do this very efficiently for both vehicles and equipment.
Using GPS Tracking for Vehicle Rentals
Renting out vehicles is an absolute indicator that you’ll want to use a fleet management system. There are lots of benefits that you can reap immediately after installing your vehicle tracking devices. Things like:
- Monitor location and mileage, so you know where your vehicles are. Ensure your vehicle remains in the area of your agreement.
- You can use fleet tracking telematics to maintain vehicle health, so even as your vehicles change drivers you know what service needs to be done and when.
- Prevent vehicle theft or grand theft auto by having a GPS tracking system notify you when your vehicles are on the move after hours.
- Easily manage your entire fleet of vehicles in one location. Doesn’t matter if that means one vehicle or 100. It will all be in one place.
- Monitor wear and tear on your vehicles. Easily tell which is your most popular vehicle and allocate different vehicles for them to be used more often.
Using GPS Tracking to Manage Equipment
Additionally, you can use powered asset trackers and our fleet management software to track your heavy-duty equipment. Keep up with your powerless equipment and even trailers for the following benefits:
- Keep documented proof and data as to what people are doing with your equipment.
- Like vehicles, monitor where your equipment is going throughout the day and ensure it is never removed from the agreed area.
- Use geofencing to receive alerts for your equipment being misused in any way.
- Improve customer service by providing real time and accurate delivery and arrival times.
- Easily track inventory in one place and prevent theft. You’ll immediately know when something goes missing.
Up to this point, everything you’ve read has very real and tangible benefits to your business. If you are looking for more answers as to how your rental business can benefit from using a fleet tracking provider, please fill out the form below for more information and we will contact you.